Descendants of Heinrich BAUMGARDNER
(1) Heinrich1 BAUMGARDNER was born in 1695 at Weirch Surich Sw, and married in 1743, (3) Anna Margaretha BALZER (saw the name BERSINGER mentioned also) who was born in 1722 at unknown.(A Baumgardner Family in America by James Travis Baumgardner)
Heinrich BAUMGARDNER-9374 was born 1695 in Germany. He died about 1763 inEast Hanover Township, Lancaster Co., PA, Royal Colony. Heinrich married Mary BALZER on 1744 in East Hempfield Township, PA.Heinrich immigrated to America onboard the ship Francis and Elizabeth arriving August 30, 1743.
(Daniel Rupp, History of Lancaster County, PA page 158).
4 + Balzer2 BAUMGARDNER b. 1749
(4) Balzer2 BAUMGARDNER, (Heinrich1 BAUMGARDNER) was born in 1749 at PA, and married
(5) Mary Magdalene (WOODS) who was born in 1772. He died 20 May 1819 in Botetourt Co., VA.Balzer enlisted in 1776 with Capt. Thomas Koppenheffers Company, PennsylvaniaMilitia during the Revolutionary War. Balzer and family moved first to Augusta Co. Va about 1788 and later to Botetourt Co. near
Rennix's Run from Hanover Township, Lancaster Co., PA. He purchased substantial land holdings there beginning in 1790.There were two male Baumgardners who died as infants not in most researchers' children listing, John (possibly John William)
born 12 Sept 1773 and John (possibly John Peter) born 18 Mar 1777. Children:
6 + John3 BAUMGARDNER b. Mar 5 1787 d. Aug 21 1853
Subj: Re: Heinrich Baumgardner
Date: 6/12/2002 10:26:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mary Lamp)
I have looked at your file and pictures. I cannot identify any of them for you.
My Bumgardner line Heinrich and Mary Balzer Bumgardner
Balzer Bumgardner and Mary Magdalene (?)
Adam Bumgardner and Mary Gibson
married in Augusta County, VA
John Bumgardner and Susan Woods
married in Bath County, VA migrated to Harrison County, VA
buried Ritchie County, WV
Adam Bumgardner and Margaret Ann Jordan
married in Harrison County, VA - buried Ritchie County, WV
Sanford Bumgardner and Florence Grudier
married in Ritchie County, WV - buried Pleasants County, WV
Odessa Bumgardner Wilson (my maternal Grandmother)
I have a copy of J. T. Baumgardner's book "A BAUMGARDNER FAMILY IN AMERICA"
but it does not include any pictures. It gives my lineage, but most of the records are
of the family of Balzer and Mary's son Capt. John and Rebecca Etter Baumgardner of
Wythe County, VA.
(6) John3 BAUMGARDNER, Capt. (Balzer2 BAUMGARDNER, Heinrich1) was born Mar 5, 1787 at Hanover
Township, Lancaster Co., PA., and on Jul 17, 1806 at Wythe, VA, married (8) Margaret Rebecca
ETTER, daughter of Daniel ETTER and Mary Magdalen REIN , who was born Feb 20, 1787 at Wythe, VA.
Margaret Rebecca died on Sep 8, 1837 at Wythe, VA. He died 21 Aug 1853 and was buried
in St. John's Lutheran Church, Wytheville, VA. Picture - Picture of he and Rebecca E. graves furnished by Jason Baumgardner.John Baumgardner helped organize and was appointed Captain of a unit of the Wythe County Militia in 1812. He held thisHousewife
commission until 1816. John died during the country-wide epidemic of the bloody flux.
Hello Mr. Payne,He also married on May 1, 1838 at Wythe, VA, (24) Malinda PHILLIPS .
The dates of birth I have for the children of Capt. John Baumgardner and Margaret Rebecca (Etter) Baumgardner is a little different from yours. Also some of the names (they had four sons named John).
Here are the dates I have:
Sarah (Sally) Baumgardner b. July 19, 1807.
Joseph Baumgardner b. January 1809.
John Andrew Baumgardner b. October 19, 1910. Picture
Anna Mary Magdalene Baumgardner b. Janaury 14, 1813.
John Jakob (Jacob) Baumgardner b. February 1, 1815.
Elizabeth M. Baumgardner b. January 21, 1817.
Matilda Baumbardner b. February 23, 1819.
John Welcomb Baumgardner b. March 25, 1821. Picture
John Balsar Baumgardner b. August 23, 1823. Picture
Henry Balsar Baumgardner b. August 1, 1825.
Lawrence Lorenzo Baumgardner b. September 1, 1827. Picture
Emaline (Amoline) Baumgardner b. November 12, 1829.
Emily Baumgardner b. June 14, 1831 (twin). Picture
Frances Ann Baumgardner b. June 14, 1831 (twin).
George Baumgardner b. June 4, 1833.
You have a mistake on the Baumgardner genealogy listed on your website. As Capt. John Baumgardner's son, John Jacob Baumgardner, was born in Evansham (now Wytheville), Wythe Co., VA. on 2-1-1815, he could not have been the Jacob Baumgardner who married Margaret Moyers in Wythe Co., VA. on 5-4-1818 as he would only have been 3 years old at the time of this marriage. Nor could he have married Peggy Moyers in Wythe Co., VA. on 1-10-1819 for the same reason. Jan Lawson
John BAUMGARDNER children by his second wife.
1. Malinda 2. Umberger, 3. Katherine, 4. Frances, 5. Charles 6. Ellen and there was another younger child name unknown. ( 1941 letter Mollie Baumgardner Farmer )
(9) Henry4 BAUMGARDNER , (John3 BAUMGARDNER, Balzer2, Heinrich1 ) was born Aug 1, 1825 at VA, and married (25) Nancy C. CRESS who was born in 1839 at Augusta, VA. Henry died on Dec 28, 1911 at Lee Co. VA.
Mill Prop. Plantation Owner
26 + Addie B.5 BAUMGARDNER<> He also married on Jun 20, 1861, (27) Louisa Tempa CALTON. >
28 + Martin Luthur5 BAUMGARDNER b. Jun 23 1853 d. 1936<>
29 + William BAUMGARDNER >
30 + Emily BAUMGARDNER b. Jan 14 1881
31 + J. M. James BAUMGARDNER b. 1859 d. Dec 22 1930
32 + Elizabeth (Stout) BAUMGARDNER
33 + Nannie BAUMGARDNER
(10) Sarah (Sally)4 BAUMGARDNER , (John3 BAUMGARDNER, Balzer2, Heinrich1 ) was born in 1807.<>